Export Quebec (2019)
380, rue Saint-Antoine Ouest
G7X 8L6 Montréal,
+1 514 499 2199 ext 3180
The expertise of Québec’s aluminium industry is recognized internationally. The know-how of our businesses and researchers can be found in aluminium smelters across the globe and in the products of large corporations. With innovative aluminium processors, specialized equipment manufacturers, low-carbon primary aluminium producers and cutting-edge research centres, Québec is one of the few places in the world that can count on an aluminium value chain with this much potential.
A leadership role:
Québec's aluminium industry has been excelling for over a century.
A key industry sector for Québec:
• Ranked 1st in North America and 4th worldwide in primary aluminium production
• 2.8 million tons in 2017, almost 90 % of Canada’s production
• $8 billion in exports
• 30 000 quality jobs in nearly 1 500 businesses
Your business partner:
Québec is one of the few places in the world where it is possible to build an aluminium smelter from A to Z using mostly domestic goods and services.
A world-class value chain:
• Aluminium processors
• Equipment manufacturers and specialized suppliers
• Primary aluminium producers
• Industry organizations
Québec has adapted remarkably well to the constant growth of the industry:
• Equipment manufacturers and specialized suppliers draw on their internationally recognized expertise to meet the needs of primary aluminium producers and aluminium processors.
• Aluminium processors generate countless types of finished and semi-finished products for a multitude of industries.
• The know-how and innovative nature of Québec's researchers and entrepreneurs can be seen in products by major manufacturers and aluminium smelters worldwide.
Capitalize on Québec products and services to bring your projects to fruition!
A forward-thinking strategy:
Québec is the first jurisdiction to implement a comprehensive strategy for the growth and expansion of its aluminium industry.
Québec's aluminium strategy:
• 33 M$ to continue implementing the strategy (2018-2021)
• Includes ambitious objectives, notably to double aluminium processing in Québec over the next ten years
• Aims for Québec to be globally recognized for:
o The expertise and innovative character of its value chain
Its leadership role in low carbon footprint primary aluminium production